Wednesday, April 28, 2010

The last blog

I really did not expect to enjoy this class. I have always been much more interested in math and science. I took the class to get my literature requirement out of the way. But, this class was an amazing experience. I can’t say I enjoyed everything we read, but I learned something from every story and book. I really liked doing the blogging, and it was there that I learned to question beliefs, people and assumptions I had always taken for granted. Going to this class was fun. Like Dr. Sexson said, we were like a family. Like a family, this class was a place I felt safe expressing my opinions, but also like a family, this class encouraged to learn, achieve and question life. I definitely believe I developed more ability and confidence in my writing ability. I am no longer intimidated by the classics, and I am looking forward to reading novels I would not have considered picking up before I took this class. Thank you Professor Sexson for sharing your love of life and literature with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment