Sunday, April 4, 2010

My Worst Day

I actually remember eagerly anticipating that the day I now remember as my worst day ever. I was planning on taking my drivers test, finally. I took drivers training at the normal age of fifteen. However, after completing the course and having my instructor tell me that he thought I needed a tremendous amount of supervised driving before I would be ready for the driving test, I let my let my learner’s permit lapse. I actually didn’t even apply for a license until the summer before I went to college. But, the day finally came when I was ready. I took the driving test and passed. I was finally ready for the rest of my life. Then, my Mom told me that my Grandad had unexpectedly died that morning. No one in my immediate family had ever died, and it was devastating. My Grandad was such a huge part of my childhood. He was a bigger than life person and I loved him a lot. At his funeral there were so many people there that they didn’t fit in the church. His death was a shock and really horrible, but what made it worse is that my Grandma died a little each day after until less than two months later, she joined my Grandad. I feel like I lost both of them on that day which was the worst day of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment